Thailand with Children–Hong Island
During our stay in Krabi we took the advantage of having a one day tour to Hong Island. We were looking for something that we can go with a child. The tour was from 9:00-16:00 on long tail boat with covered roof, so from sun urn perspective it was safe.The tour cost was 600 THB per person and we didn’t need to pay for Shai. Actually most of Thailand tour agencies don’t charge for children bellow 2 years.
Of course we were worried that Shai is going to spend the whole day at the sun , so we took all necessary action to protect him.
Tour guys came to pick us up from our family vacation house at 8:30 (Right on time) . The driver got us to Ao-Nang beach , where we joined to rest of the people who are going to Island tours. After about 30 minutes all of us got to a big long tail boat and our journey to Hong Island started. There are few other parent with children on the boat, so we were not alone.
The tour has 5 parts
- You are going to Hong Island Lagoon (about 15min) You can go to top of the boat roof to take some pictures. We skipped that part
- You stop at other small island for about 30 minutes, the water is very clear with beautiful color. Our son usually doesn’t like the sea and the sand, but here he played and was extremely happy.
- Then you stop for lunch and some beach time on some other island for about 1 hour. After the lunch we stayed on the beach.
- And only around 13:00 you get to Hong Island. Part of the people are going to do Kayaking and you can spend on the beach about 2 hours.
- At the way home we stop at very small Island, to do some snorkeling and feed the fish. I wasn’t impressed from the snorkeling but our son enjoyed feeding the fish.
And for the end . Traditional Thai Photo